You must tell Companies House about any changes to your limited company, including:
- directors and company secretaries, eg new appointments, resignations or changes to their personal details
- changing your company name
- changing your registered office address
- changing your accounting reference date
- changing where your company records are kept, if different from your registered address
- which records you’ll keep at an alternative address
More information can be found here
The minimum contributions that you and your staff pay into your automatic enrolment workplace pension scheme are increasing.
Minimum contributions are increasing in two phases. The first increase must be in place from 6 April 2018 and the second from 6 April 2019.
Most employers use pension schemes that currently require a total minimum of 2% contribution to be paid. The calculation for this type of scheme is based on a specific range of earnings. For the 2017/18 tax year this range is between £5,876 and £45,000 a year (£490 and £3750 a month, or £113 and £866 a week).
This table shows the minimum contributions you must pay and the date when they must increase:
||Employer minimum contribution
||Total minimum contribution
|Until 5 April 2018
|6 April 2018 to 5 April 2019
|6 April 2019 onwards
The staff contribution rate may vary depending on the type of tax relief applied by your scheme. If you are unsure check your scheme documents.
The Pensions Regulator gives more details here
We received this cry for help recently – ‘My employee is entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay, but we can’t afford to pay it – what can we do?‘
Help is available from HMRC
If you can’t afford to make payments
You can apply for HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to pay you in advance if you can’t afford to make statutory payments.
How to apply for advance payment
Apply online to be paid in advance for:
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)
- Statutory Paternity Pay
- Statutory Adoption Pay
- Statutory Shared Parental Pay (ShPP)
You can apply up to 4 weeks before you want the first payment
You can find more details here