This week, DCAS received an email from the Charity Commission to remind us that our Annual Return for the financial year ended 31st March 2021 is due by 31st January 2022. They will monitor to confirm that we have sent it to them using this link
So, if you do not have it ready yet, here are some helpful guidelines from the Charity Commission
How to complete your annual return
1. Check what you need to submit and the questions you will need to answer
● Is your income under £10,000? All you need to do is report your income and spending online which can be done immediately by clicking here: https://www.gov.uk/send-charity-annual-return
● Find out what you need to submit here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-a-charity-annual-return#ar-questions
● Take a look at our examples of a trustees’ annual report and accounts here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/example-trustees-annual-reports-and-accounts-for-charities
2. Prepare your annual accounts
● Is your income over £25,000? You will need to get your accounts independently examined or audited.
● Find out how to prepare your annual accounts here: https://www.gov.uk/prepare-charitys-annual-accounts
3. Prepare your trustees’ annual report
● Is your income over £25,000? You will need to submit a trustees’ annual report in addition to your annual accounts.
● Find out how to prepare your annual report here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-a-charity-trustees-annual-report
4. Submit your annual return
● Click here: https://www.gov.uk/send-charity-annual-return
● Enter your charity registration number
● Upload PDF copies of your annual accounts and, if your income is over £25,000, your independent examiner’s or auditor’s report and trustees’ annual report.
● Answer questions about your charity.
5. Need more help?
● Call us on 0300 066 9197 from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
● Alternatively, complete an enquiry form here: https://forms.charitycommission.gov.uk/enquiry-form/