Historical Links

Babington Lodge

Queen Mary receives Derby YWCA's subscription 1935

Queen Mary receives Derby YWCA’s subscription 1935

Our building, named Babington Lodge, dates from 1843. It once housed the town’s YWCA hostel.  An old photograph in the entrance corridor shows Queen Mary receiving the Derby YWCA’s subscription of £80 at the YWCA’s 80th birthday celebrations in 1935.

Green Lane in May 2014

green-lane-2014-2

Green lane in 2014

Green Lane, the current address of Derby Community Accountancy Service, as it appears today.

Compare this with the image below, reproduced from the Picture the Past project, which shows the same locale as of 1912.

 

The following images are reproduced courtesy of Picture the Past

Picture the Past