Employing people seems a perfectly straightforward matter: hire them, then set them to work, but is it so easy?
Many employers find the list of legal rights and responsibilities daunting. But complying with the law and looking after your staff will make you more efficient and more profitable.
Getting the ‘people’ part of your new business wrong could cost you time, money or lost profitability through:
- recruiting unsuitable employees
- inadequate training
- low morale and motivation
- high absence levels and turnover of employees
- ineffective management and supervision
- too many dismissals
- employment tribunal claims.