Companies House will no longer send out postal reminders for filing your Annual Return, now known as the Confirmation Statement, as part of their aim to become a fully-digital organisation and all companies should now register for the email reminder service
They say that Companies who have already switched to email reminders from paper are more likely to file their accounts and confirmation statement (annual return) on time, and are less likely to get a penalty for filing their accounts late.
Their email reminder service is free and has many advantages over the paper system. You can:
- choose up to 4 people to receive a reminder (including an agent)
- file your document immediately from a link within the reminder
- receive reminders more conveniently
- use less paper, contributing to saving the environment
How to register
- sign in to the Companies House online filing service
- select ‘Get email reminders’ from your company overview screen
- click ‘Add an email address’
- enter your email address (a maximum of 4 per company)
- click the link in the email Companies House sends you to validate your email address
- agree to the terms of operation
They will send you an email when you have successfully joined the reminder service.
New users will need to register to use the Companies House online filing service.